Job Title: IT Technical Support Officer
Reporting to: General Secretary
Contract Duration: Permanent employment subject to annual appraisals
- Keep computer systems running smoothly and ensure users get the maximum benefit from them
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Take staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replace parts as required
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Managing code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors, and escalating serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Providing front-end support to clients and colleagues
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading the organization’s website.
- Responding to and troubleshooting all website issues.
- Identifying and responding to all website security breaches.
- Ensuring that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures.
- Conducting content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Creating appropriate website content aligned with the organization’s strategy.
- Ensuring website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Improving the user experience of the website regularly.
- Collaborating with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards.
- Ensuring full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry best practices and monitoring
Job Requirement and Experience Qualification:
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology or an HND in the relevant subject area and must have served as ICT Assistant in a comparable grade in similar organization for at least four (4) years. Other professional qualifications will be an advantage.
- Ability to analyze Information
- Software debugging skills
- Sufficient knowledge in hardware
- Problem solving skills
- Teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within project timeframes
Please send your application with attached CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com to apply.
Deadline for application
5pm, Friday, 16th December, 2022.
NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED